Sven Oliver Wangemann
- Born in 1958 of German-Italian origin
- 1983-87 Studies at the Staatliche Kunstakademie Düsseldorf (Academy of Fine Arts)
- 1987 Master´s degree thereof
- 1988-92 Extended travelling as relief worker (YWAM) in Asia, Western Afrika and New Mexico
- Since 1993 married to Angelika, three kids
- Training as Art therapist 1995
- Member of Berufsverband Bildender Künstler (Association of Professional Artist in Germany)
- Works as freelancing artist, teaching at schools and in seminars and workshops since 1994
- Lives and works at the Ortenau region near Freiburg (SouthernGermany)
Basically, I just love drawing. I always did.
Besides that, to me, drawing or painting is a way of dealing with things and clarifying what is real. I examine objects with a pen in my hand.
All of this contributes to the piece of work. Sometimes it happens that I write thought scraps directly into the images, perhaps monologues and dialogues with a fictional observer or even the object itself. Now and then I come across some hilarious Dadaist wordplay or ironic allusions to the piece of work in my mind. It is quite possible that such marginal notes are being painted over again in the further process. That doesn´t bothers me because I also love this game of hide-and-seek with the viewer by showing and concealing such notes in parts again.
Very often, my drawings finally serve as allegories, sometimes ironical.