BONNIE RANNALD’S Biography
Born in Augusta, Georgia, Bonnie Rannald was introduced to the arts at an early age when she received ballet and drum lessons. This affinity for the arts strongly influenced Bonnie’s curriculum in college, where she studied music, dance, and movement to receive a B.S. degree from North Texas State University, and a M.A. from Texas Woman’s University.
As a child, Bonnie was attracted to two subjects that would later become integrated and develop into a passion that would define her as an artist: a love of the outdoors and her father’s camera. While pursuing her chosen profession as a Head Coach of the Cross Country team and Assistant Track and Field Coach at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Bonnie honed her photographic skills by using the camera to analyze athletic performance.
For recreation, Bonnie enjoyed hiking and spending time in the Southwestern Desert, always taking her camera along. These explorations into the desert expanded her awareness of the fragility of the natural environment, and furthered her determination to capture on film the beauty she encountered.
Bonnie channeled this passion for nature along with her love of the arts and photographic skills into a new career when, in 1993, she launched PhotoGraphic Expressions into the world of fine art. Since that time, Bonnie Rannald’s PhotoGraphic Expressions has attracted attention through individual shows in Las Vegas, Nevada; special exhibits across the Southwest; commercial sport event photo shoots; publications in numerous magazines, periodicals, and websites. Bonnie Rannald’s distinctive photographs are distributed internationally and hang in private collections worldwide.
Bonnie Rannald’s PhotoGraphic Expressions . . . A love for photography, an understanding of the technical tools and an eye for composing scenes, combine with Bonnie’s underlying philosophy of “Carpe diem”: seize the day. In a small fraction of time, Bonnie has frozen a beautiful moment and shares that vision with us.
Art shows and Exhibits
- Las Vegas, Yerington, Fallon, Carson City, Minden, and Reno, & Hawthorne, NV; Springdale, UT; Sedona, AZ; White Sands, NM.
- featured artist at galleries throughout the Southwest,
Published in the following Magazines and Periodicals
- Golf West, cover, 1995
- Preserving Our Water Resources, Clark County Conservation District, interior and cover, 1995
- Las Vegas Insider Viewpoint Magazine, 26 covers from 1995-1998
- Clark County Medical Society Membership Directory, cover 1996
- Clark County Community College Fall Schedule, front and back cover, 1996
- Clark County Bar Association, cover 1997
- Clark County Medical Society Membership Directory, cover 1998
- Ground Water and Wells, Clark County Conservation District, interior and cover, 1998
- Backyard Conservation Guide, Clark County Conservation District, interior and cover, 1999
- Where Las Vegas, cover, 2000
- Wild Nevada Calendar, June and December, 2005
- Running Dry Documentary, 2005
- The Walker Basin, Nevada and California, The Physical Environment, Hydrology, an Biology,
published papers by Dr. Saxon E. Sharpe, Dr. Mary E. Cablk and Dr. James M. Thomas; Desert Research Institute, 2007.
- USABA Little League World Series, Official Event Photographer, 1997
- West Charleston Library, Las Vegas, NV; Introduction to Photography workshop
- Featured in television series Outdoor Nevada, 1997
- Invited Artist to exhibit at the Annual Governor's Conference on Travel and Tourism, 1997-2003
- August Moon image selected by Senator Harry Reid for award plaques, 2002
- Official Photographer, Armed Forces Day Celebration, Hawthorne, NV, 2003
- Official Event Photographer, Americana Celebration at Wingfield Park, Reno, NV 2008
- Galleries at Work, Sierra Arts, Reno, NV 2010-On going
- Cloud, Moon and Sky Photography Exhibit at NeverEnder Reno, NV 2011